Saturday, April 12, 2008

Thing #12 - WorldCat and Net Library

I looked for the book "A Thousand Splendid Suns" and searched for it in Italian to practice with the Advanced Search. It showed up in 2 places, Cleveland and the Netherlands. That's cool! In regards to the ILL request form, WorldCat supplies most of the information on the form. It seems that there should be a way to move that electronic information from WorldCat directly to ILL without having to write it on a paper form at all. This would save time and lots of paper.

I signed up for NetLibrary. It was easy to do just like the other sign-ups. It just sort of leads you along. Getting around the site was pretty intuitive; therefore ,excellent for searching. Lots of ebooks but I don't see myself using them. I get eye strain doing the Challenge. At my advanced age I need large print books

No comments: