Monday, April 14, 2008

Thing #15 - Technorati

Initially I did not see the value of the Technorati site but I persevered and found some interesting things. For example, in the "Top 100" lists I found the "Lifehacker, tips and downloads for getting things done". I also enjoyed An Engineer's Guide to Cats, a video available on YouTube.
The thing I found surprising is that some blogs have topics you wouldn't expect to find. What I mean by this is that just because there is a tag associated with a blog doesn't mean that the entire blog is about this topic. I was searching food and wine and happened upon
Gizmodo, the Gadget Guide-although it wasn't what I was initially looking for it serendipitously provided me with other information.
PS- I learned that putting search terms in quotation marks returns EXACTLY what you are looking for. When I searched Learning 2.0 I didn't put it in quotes and got back 14,879 hits vs. 1898 hits when quoted.

No comments: