Sunday, April 27, 2008

Thing #19 - Web 2.0 Awards

On the list of Web Awards I went to biblio.com. As a test, I looked up The Mill on the Floss by George Elliot. As a comparison I looked it up on Amazon.com to help me understand the difference between the two. I realized the great thing about Biblio is you can locate 1st Editions, signed copies, or any special editions. They also offered the Ezine for book lovers which talked about new books, book reviews which included children's books (which you rarely see), and gift certificates (great for bibliophiles!).
The second website I visited off the list was Upcoming. It lists events happening in any area and can show events by county. WHY ISN'T OCL USING THIS?!?!?!?! Burlington and Atlantic City Libraries as well as OCC is using it for their events. It also has some unusual services such as the scrapbooking option and the ability to invite friends to a specific event and track attendance.

I plan to go back and look at some other websites later such as BeGreen and check out my carbon footprint.

Furthermore....my daughter (who has been coaching me through this process) found many interesting website for both herself and her husband!! The knowledge is spreading!!!!

No comments: