Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Thing # 16 Wikis

Library success seemed like it had lots of information. It wasn't for me. As a library page I have nothing to do with the technical aspects of management. I did find something about books but two of the categories were no longer functioning and the third had not been updated in a long time. It wasn't a very attractive site either. It was like reading an old textbook with no pictures or graphics or a card catalogue . I think I'm being spoiled by Lee Lefevre's tutorials!!!!

Our article on Wkiopedia is great. It gives you a great deal of information. It is an excellent site for peeople new to the area. There are links to all the towns as well. I'm hoping to watch Betsy edit our site! I wondered how many books OCL owned and it wasn't on our site. She is going to add it.

I also liked Nancy Pearl's Wiki It leads you to blogs about book reviews. I got more great recipes from Wiki Cookbook too. They have a lot of "special" diet recipes.

No comments: