Monday, April 14, 2008

Thing #14 - Library 2.0

RE: Away from Icebergs: I think this exercise (23 things) shows we are trying to keep up with trends and avoid the "icebergs". I hope our circulation hasn't dropped as drastically as 55%....does any one know how much our circulation has dropped over the past 12 years? or even the past 5 years?
RE:
To better bibliographic services: Before reading this perspective I thought our library was fairly advanced and techno-savvy. After looking at the NC State catalog, I realized there is a lot more out there and more that could be done. On a side note-I felt that John Reimer was talking over my head.

What does Library 2.0 mean to me? It means that we are always going to have to change to keep up with what the patrons are looking for. We have to find new ways of doing things. So what does it mean to me...Change is hard. 1) Learning this stuff isn't easy for me. I feel like I'm too old ( but apparently I'm not). 2) It was difficult to see actual books leave the library. I love books. I can't see myself reading an eBook. Change is good. 1) There are many ways to gather LOTS of information. 2) I have learned so much on many different levels that I could potentially use professionally and personally.

No comments: